Walden Grove High School Girls Soccer Dominates Brandon Bean Tournament
The Walden Grove High School soccer team recently showcased an outstanding performance at the Brandon Bean Tournament, held from Nov. 27 to Dec. 1. Impressively, the team achieved a flawless 5-0 record throughout the tournament, securing the championship title. Their exceptional display on the field included a remarkable 25 goals scored while allowing only two goals against them.
- Championship Victory: The team clinched victory by defeating Tucson High with a score of 2-1 in the final match.
- Individual Accolades: Vivien Villarreal (23) was awarded the Field Player of the tournament, highlighting her exceptional contributions. Meanwhile, Megan Blatnick was recognized as the Goalie of the tournament for her outstanding performances between the posts.
Sahuarita High School Mustang Wrestling Triumphs at William Bell Tournament
The Sahuarita High School Mustang wrestling team demonstrated their prowess at the recent William Bell Tournament, emerging undefeated in duals and securing the championship against Tucson High School.
- Weight Class Winners: Richard Tanori, Daniel Guerrero, Gabriel Guerrero, William Thwaits, Keymon Holis, and Malcolm Williams secured victories in their respective weight classes.
- Impressive Placements: Several team members displayed commendable performances, with Connor Swann, Sebastian Serrano, Gabriel Garmen claiming second place wins, while Nathaniel Gallardo finished third.
Walden Grove High School Wrestling Excels at Nate Johnson Memorial Duals
At the Nate Johnson Memorial Duals in Mesa, the Walden Grove High School wrestling team delivered a strong performance, securing the ninth position overall and finishing fifth in their pool.
- Undefeated Records: Three outstanding wrestlers – Zach Bates, Pedro Mendoza, and Enzo Morales – boasted flawless 10-0 records, earning spots on the all-tournament team.
- Exceptional Recognition: Brett Bates, with a 9-1 record, received an honorable mention, while Bates was named Outstanding Wrestler for his remarkable performance.
Engaging Opportunities and Initiatives in Sahuarita Schools
- Youth Baseball Camp: The Red Wolves of Walden Grove High School will be hosting a youth baseball camp on Jan. 20. Players can expect top-notch coaching on baseball fundamentals from coach Bobby Jug Rosthenhausler and his team, accompanied by lunch and t-shirts for all attendees.
- Fundraiser Car Wash: The Sahuarita High School Baseball team is organizing a fundraising car wash on Dec. 16 at Culver’s, featuring a 50/50 raffle. This initiative aims to raise funds to support the team’s needs.
Sahuarita High School Softball Player Signs with Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Kealey Myhre, a talented softball player from Sahuarita High School, has signed to play for Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, marking a significant achievement for both the player and the school’s athletic program.
Support Initiative for Sahuarita High School Softball
- Booster Club Formation: A booster club is in the works to provide support for Sahuarita High School’s softball program. This initiative aims to assist the girls’ team by raising funds for essential equipment, uniforms, and other necessities. Volunteers are sought to fill key positions within the club, including president, vice president, secretary, and treasurer.
These diverse sporting achievements and community initiatives in Sahuarita schools underscore the dedication and talent of the students and the supportive environment cultivated within the educational institutions.